Musée départemental de la Résistance du Vercors
The Vercors Resistance Museum, located in Vassieux-en-Vercors, a village that was wiped out by fighting in the summer of 1944, was founded in 1973 by a former maquisard, Joseph La Picirella. Since 1999, it has been owned by the département de la Drôme, which thoroughly renovated it in 2010.
The museum leads visitors through a rich collection of period objects and interactive terminals to bring together an updated history of the maquis and reconstruction, including the founder’s first-hand accounts.
Each year a temporary exhibit explores new themes, in coordination with current research.