Mémorial de la Résistance en Vercors
The Memorial opened on July 21, 1994, designed to recall the events of the summer of 1944 in the Vercors.
The museum goes over the history of the Resistance around Vassieux, with documents, films, and first-hand accounts.
The Memorial’s architecture and location are symbolic: far from any built-up areas, the building looks down over the plateau and the town of Vassieux-en-Vercors and the battlefield, but is hidden from sight in the greenery, much as the maquisards were.
- Civil resistance
- Parachute sites
- Population movements
- Martyrized villages
- On-line Educational Resources
- Travelling exhibits
- label 2 EN 2
- On-site eating facility
- Nearby eating facility