Voir les témoignages à propos de ce site
et donner le votre
Memospace site de partage de lieux historiques
The church was built between 1912 and 1924 by the architect Francique Dodat, and took the title of cathedral in 1970. Despite the war, with its restrictions and strict surveillance, cultural life was intense between 1939 and 1945. The centennial of the birth of the Saint-Etienne composer Jules Massenet was celebrated with a series of shows in 1942. On the photo on the left, actors are playing "The Jugglers of Notre Dame", an opera Massenet wrote in 1902.