Le Stone Watchman is a sculpture by Georges Salendre and the architect Louis Thomas. It has stood at the corner of place Bellecour and rue Gasparin since 1948, the location of the café Le Moulin à Vent (Windmill), where five resistants Albert Chambonnet, Gilbert Dru, Léon Pfeffer, René Bernard and Francis Chirat, prisoners at Fort Montluc, were murdered on July 27, 1944, in reprisal for an attack on the occupying forces the day before.
The monument commemorates them and the interior resistance.
- Civil resistance
- Armed Resistance