Vassieux en Vercors
Musée départemental de la Résistance du Vercors
Located in the village of Vassieux-en-Vercors, a village that was wiped out by fighting in the summer of 1944, the Museum of Resistance in Vercors was found by a former maquisard, Joseph La Picirella, in 1973. It came under the ownership of the Département de la Drôme in 1999, and was entirely renovated in 2010 .
The exhibit leads the visitor through and rich collection of objects and interactive terminals to bring together an updated history of the maquis and reconstruction with the founder’s first-hand accounts.
Each year, a temporary exhibit explores new themes in coordination with current research.
04 75 48 28 46
Long Night of Museums, European Heritage Days, family guided tours in summer, lectures and events in the summer related to the exhibit, workshops for children, film projections, book discussion groups, exhibit openings, etc.
- Civil resistance
- Parachute sites
- Martyrized villages
- On-line Educational Resources
- label 2 EN 2