Voir les témoignages à propos de ce site
et donner le votre
Memospace site de partage de lieux historiques
The village deep in the forest was a maquis camp until the pitched battle on July 22 and 23, 1944, when Lieutenant Chabal and his men fought to the bitter end on the promontory above the village to slow the German advance. They died with their guns in their hands; the village was burned to the ground. Today the site is the last station in a Way of the Cross that begins at Villard-de-Lans. The ruins of the village remain as they were; only the little chapel still stands.
- Historic site
- Martyrized villages