Fridefont

Plaque commémorative

Plaque on the Town Hall, recalling that the HQ of the Truyère Resistance was located here between May 20 and June 20, 1944. There were 1500 men organized into 14 companies, in addition to the Freelance mission of the Special Operations Executive.

Source: Association des Maquis et Cadets de la Résistance du Cantal

Information

Coordinates

Address : Mairie , 15110 Fridefont
GPS Coordinates : 44.901979 , 3.085985
See on map
Themes and resources
Themes
  • Commemorative plaque
  • Maquis
  • Liberation
  • Cantal
Nearby Sites