Maurines

Monument commémoratif

Oratory at the entrance to the village. The infirmary of the Tuyères redoubt was in Maurines, which could thus expect reprisals. On June 20, 1944, the village was bombed by the German army mais only one housed was destroyed. The villagers perceived the protection of the Virgin and built the oratory as a thanksgiving offertory.

Source: Association des Maquis et Cadets de la Résistance du Cantal

Information

Coordinates

Address : RD413 , 15110 Maurines
GPS Coordinates : 44.87158 , 3.083981
See on map
Themes and resources
Themes
  • Monument
  • Cantal
  • Local religious expression
Nearby Sites